Thursday, October 25, 2007

Net Library and OverDrive

My first attempt to access ebooks and audiobooks was met with frustration. I couldn't seem to be able to download anything from Net Library and, because I have a Mac, it didn't look like I could use Over Drive at all. After wasting time trying unsuccessfully to make it work, I gave up and sent a "Help" email to Maura. She kindly explained that I had to register for Net Library at the Ferguson (and then went ahead and registered me--yay Maura.) Now I can use Net Library at least. It does seem unfair that Over Drive is not Mac-friendly, but I wonder if there is another service that is. Is there a Mac user out there who has discovered another good source of e books and audiobooks? Let me know if you have.

1 comment:

maura said...

always glad to help out barbara!!

as i said in the email, audible is a compatible source, but unfortunately we have to pay for those! there is always the option of checking out audiobooks, importing them into itunes, but that can be time consuming... and then there is copyright...

i have bought a few books using itunes. i am much more a podcast type of gal.