Thursday, October 25, 2007

You Tube

I just spent some time looking at videos of folks on crutches (misery loves company). What I don't like about the You Tube videos is the quality, many are very amateurish, murky and hard to hear (at least the ones made by individuals). I found one I enjoyed, of a college student climbing stairs on her crutches. Very impressive, but I couldn't understand what she was doing well enough to duplicate it, so I think I'll continue to do stairs on my bottom for the time being.

Having watched part of the first World Series game yesterday, I was interested in videos of Pedroia's homerun in the first inning for the Red Sox. I couldn't find anything. I was surprised -- I thought folks would put something on You Tube immediately.

I do see ways to use You Tube in the library, particularly with teens. We could show videos on selected subjects at T-MAD meetings, have kids produce videos of their own as a program, etc. It may be worth asking our teens for ideas on how to use these new technologies with them (they know a lot more than I do).

1 comment:

maura said...

hmmm... remember those pesky annoucments saying no part of this broadcast could be duplicated and it all belongs to fox or mlb or something copyright law?

that is probably why we can't find it. however, i am sure if you sneak on over to redsox.com (one of the best websites EVER!) you might be able to find it. although, i have been looking and it might be tricky, and i just got stuck on ellsbury bio. i could stuck on this site all day long.

glad to hear that you are thinking about how we could use these tools in the library... keep those ideas going...